Tuesday, August 29, 2006

The First Day of School

I used to be little,
but not any more
Tomorrow I'll get up and walk out the door.
I'm going to school --
It's the first time for me.
It's great to be big, but I'm scared as can be.

My tummy's in knots.
Do you want to know why ?
I'm thinking that maybe, just maybe I'll cry.
When Dad leaves the school and I'm there all alone,
I'm thinking that maybe I'll want to go home.

But wait -- Mommy said I'll play lots of new games,
and meet lots of friends ---I can learn all their names.
The first day of school, oh there's so much to do !
There's painting and books and a big playground, too.

I used to be little, but not any more
Tomorrow I'll get up and walk out the door.
I'm going to school -- It's my first day you see.
It's great to be big! I'm so glad that I'm me !

--- From Daughter's school teacher

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger allegro said...

好诗!我还记得我第一天上学的情景,也是有点担心害怕。没想到我的两个小朋友这两天都要上学去了!

2:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com